torsdag 17 juli 2008

Mel Brown - Blues For We

Released on Impulse in 1969, this LP consists mostly of bluesy guitar playing on top of some soulful grooves. Mel also gives a vocal performance on Twist & Shout. Produced by Bob Thiele and arranged by Artie Butler. No info on the other players.
  1. Twist & Shout
  2. Blues For We
  3. Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
  4. Son Of A Preacher Man
  5. Set Me Free
  6. Freaky Zeke
  7. Indian Giver
  8. Stranger On The Shore

(The back cover has got the playing order wrong on tracks 6 and 7)

http://rapidshare.com/files/130339419/Mel_Brown_-_Blues_For_We.rar.html

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

yeahhhh..that mel brown album is superdope, got severall drumbreaks on it, nice drums overall.....yeahhh..do u got more of the man?? would be dope, if so get @ me....peace...and if u like that blue note shit, like that Horace silver rec., be sure to check out Bobby Hutcherson - Linger Lane 1974....dope dope record...also dope is this , as well as the blog is:

http://myjazzworld.blogspot.com/2007/08/bobby-hutcherson-un-poco-loco.html

Steve sa...

No, sorry, I dont have any more Mel B (hey I guess we now know where that Spice Girl got her name from)but if I come by any, I'll post it up. And thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to check it out. Bobby Hutcherson is one of those artists I've been on the lookout for but never actually seen any records with...

k02 sa...

Thanks man, appreciate it.

johnv sa...

Awesome post, thanks Steve!

ish sa...

I've really enjoyed all the Mel Brown you've posted so I'm going for this one. Thanks!

hakimalgı sa...

Oh my god! I can't believe i found this album. Thank you so much.